Flooring is one of the most looked at and most colourful parts of any home or business place. With such a wide range of Laminate flooring to choose from, stepping into a home can feel wonderful, new and exciting. Woodworks Direct are sure we have the right designs for any taste, whether you live in the mountains or on the coast, we will make your home or business place feel cosy and elegant. 15 years ago laminate flooring here in Spain was not really thought of as tiles were everywhere. Laminate flooring has taken off, and why not? It’s very straight forward to install with no mess.
We have all looked down and wanted to change the floor tiles, and the thought of it stops you dead. Breaking up all those old tiles and getting rid of them, then dragging all the new ones in. Mixing bags and bags of tile adhesive before laying what feels like miles of tiles. Then the great job of grouting that everybody loves – not!
Avoid the above by choosing laminate flooring. In most circumstances you already have flat, level floors. Simply choose a stylish design you like and let us lay the laminate flooring straight over the old looking tiles. We aim to make your experience of laminate flooring easy to buy and minimally disruptive at the time of installation.
You can buy flooring from lots of outlets and you may get confused with all the different prices and deals everyone offers. A guide line – Cheap, Good Quality and High Quality.
If we could offer any advice it would be to stay away from cheap laminate flooring. It will look pretty at first but you will quickly regret your decision. It tends to look good when laid, but you may have quite a bit of waste when they chip, knocking together. Which can result to be not so cheap when you calculate all the waste. Secondly, after a short time with traffic and mopping you will come across corners / edges lifting and swelling which does become very nasty and ugly to look at. Stay away, and don’t be tempted by the unbelievably cheap prices!
- Good quality middle of the range is a good place to start.
Also another thing to look for when shopping around is the thickness, 4-6mm is probably the most popular thickness you will come across. However, the durability of this thickness is not great for traffic and it may even squeak when walked over, which is very annoying.
- Min 8mm-10mm or even 12mm thick is what you need to be looking for, with 22mm available in the high end ranges for solid flooring.
If anyone has experience with fitting Laminate flooring then they’ll know that it is quite straight forward. Cut and knock together. Throughout the fitting process, knocking the laminate flooring boards together does produce a lot of waste from damaged corners etc.
- Stop there, we know that from experience our products don’t need knocking or banging down, we simply click all the boards into place.
Under Lay is very similar with roll out foam under lay being the cheapest, but not quite the best.
- Paying a couple of pence more per metre will give you better quality, plastic coated, moisture resistant, thicker foam. We offer this as standard and you can always upgrade to sound proofing square pads for extra thickness and better quality.
Skirting boards are really the same wherever you buy them, but check out the height. Most skirtings are only 80mm high and when you take off your tile skirtings you really want to cover any damage left behind on the wall.
- As it’s the most popular, we offer white under coated skirting boards at 120mm high as standard to cover up most tile skirtings. They are ready to be glossed in a colour of your choice to match the walls. Alternatively, we offer coloured skirtings to match the flooring at an additional cost.
1: Measure the length and width of each room at the widest point.
2: Inform us on how many doors or openings there are.
Simply email this info over to us and we can reply with a price.
Also this info can help us
- Most internal doors are wooden, if not please let us know.
- If the front door opens into the room and is not wood, please let us know.
3: Choose from our selection below, say 6 different choices. (of course more or less than 6 is no problem)
- At this point we ask you to pay €30 and we send out all your samples. Hang on don’t worry if you send them back or go ahead with the order we will refund in full the €30.
4: Great want to go ahead, just confirm by email letting us know which design you like and we will get you booked in.
We can arrange for everything you need, like explained above, to be delivered to your door free of charge. Most places will receive their order just a few days post order confirmation.
All welcome. Just get in touch and register with us, and we will make it an easy experience for you too.
(This includes taking off old skirting tiles, Patching up / filling out where needed, Laying of under lay of your choice, Laying laminate flooring of your choice & fixing new skirting of your choice)
*All prices above include IVA*